Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables


Quinoa with Roasted vegetables

Ingredients:

1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 red onions
2 zucchinis
2 large mushrooms
10 cherry tomatoes
8 cloves garlic
olive oil
fresh thyme
ground black pepper

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water


Directions:
Wash and slice all the vegetables except the tomatoes and garlic.

Leave the tomatoes whole and the garlic cloves in their skins.

Toss all the vegetables together in a large roasting tin with olive oil and the thyme.

Season with ground black pepper and a little salt.

Roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.

Meanwhile, combine quinoa and water and bring to the boil; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until it is cooked.

Serve roasted vegetables over quinoa and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm, sounds yummy!
    I made stir fry last night and put it over quinoa. It was really good! Rob reported that it was "fine" but he ate plenty of it, so I think that translates to "good would eat it again." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this sounds good -- for when the weather gets cold again. If I roast veggies at 400 for 30-40 minutes our house will be way too hot to sleep that night. Yep, it's getting to that time of year. So I'll tuck the recipe away.

    Meanwhile, I have half a jar of tahini that's begging for a recipe other than hummus. We've maxed out on hummus for a while. (I could eat it all every day but not only is that a little self-indulgent, it's not exactly low cal fare)

    So??? Ideas anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only use tahini for hummus ... I'll see what I can find. However, hummus is great used as a spread for wraps and sandwiches which helps keep the calories in check and adds a ton of flavor.

    ReplyDelete