Friday, June 25, 2010

Peach and Almond Smoothie....Well, Sorta


My friend, Stephanie, sent me this recipe the other day and I tried it yesterday morning. I had to make some variations based on what I had on hand. Danny seemed to think it tasted like egg nog, but I didn't think so.

Overall, a good, healthy smoothie, but it wasn’t sweet enough for me. (Although, I did like the nutty flavor from the almonds - yum!) Maybe because of my substitutions? Try the original recipe and tell me what you think!

Ingredients
4 large dates, pitted and chopped
2 cups hemp, soy, or almond milk (I used soy)
2 tbsp Agave Nectar (I didn’t use this….maybe I should have for more sweetness)
¼ tsp vanilla
8-10 almonds, chopped
3 cups chopped fresh peaches (I had one small peach, so I added two large bananas)
1-2 ice cubes (I added more because I like to ensure that my smoothies are COLD)
¼ tsp nutmeg
I also added half of a large mango because I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough for all four of us. That may have messed with flavoring a bit. But, we ended up with four full glasses!

Blend and enjoy!
Cheers, Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie, I'm trying this one tomorrow! So excited, I'll let you know how it goes. Craig and I are now completely obsessed with smoothies. When he makes them for us, he adds all kinds of fancy extra things and I get very annoyed that he is showing off.
    He always adds granola..which is yums.

    Thanks for keeping us healthy, girlies! LOVE you!

    GDo

    ReplyDelete
  2. G - YAY! That is awesome. Granola is a great idea - I sometimes add oats and I really like the texture that provides. Keep at it, girl!

    ReplyDelete